Available Grants for Employer
List of employment grants given by Singapore government. Support of up to 80% of salty support for employing people with disabilities in Singapore. Contact us at 6742 1183 to see how your company can benefits from these employment scheme
Government Grants for Hiring Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)
1. Enabling Employment Credit (Starts 2021)
- Wage offset = 20% of each eligible PWD employee’s monthly income, capped at a maximum of $400 per month per employee
- Additional 10% wage offset, capped at $200 per month per employee, for the first six months of employment, if PWD employee has not been working for 6 months or more prior to being hired
2. Open Door Programme (includes Job Re-design Grant)
- Job Re-design Grant: supporting up to 90% of the job redesign costs, capped at $20,000 per employee with disability, whichever is lower. It can be used to defray the cost for the following job redesign initiatives:
- Purchase of equipment
- Workplace modifications
- Redesigning of job scopes or processes
- Consultancy Services
Government Grants for Career Trial (for non-PWDs + PWDs alike)
1. WSG Career Trial (Pre-employment – Career Trial can be up to 3 months)
- Assess jobseekers’ job fit before offering formal employment through Career Trial – min. 2 days, max. 3 months
- During Career Trial, job seekers receive training allowance from WSG & NTUC e2i
- After Career Trial, employers may offer employment to suitable jobseekers on permanent terms or on contract terms that are no less than one (1) year after completion of Career Trial.
- Salary support for employees who are retained for at least 3 consecutive months: 30% of monthly salary for up to 6 months, capped at $5,400 per hire and $2,700 per hire for part-time jobs, for employers who hire unemployed Singapore Citizens who have been actively looking for jobs for 6 months or more.
Government Grants for New Hires (for non-PWDs + PWDs alike)
1. Jobs Growth Incentive (Sept 2020 to Feb 2021)
- To be eligible for the JGI, there must be an increase in overall local workforce size AND increase in local workforce size earning ≥$1,400/month, compared to the August 2020 local workforce.
- Salary support is 25% (or 50% for mature local hires aged 40 and above) of the first $5,000 of gross monthly wages paid to all new local hires (Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents). Government support will be for 12 months from the month of hire, if employers continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
If a new hire is a Professional, Manager, Executive or Technician (PMETs) mid-career switcher, the following grant may also be applicable, in addition to the Job Growth Incentive.
2. Professional Conversion Programme
News Articles on Employment Grants